Test JDBC data sources
In the Administration Console, you can manually test individual instances of a data source. When you test a data source, WebLogic Server reserves a connection from the data source, tests it using the standard testing query or the query specified in Test Table Name, and then returns the database connection to the pool of connections. Test results are displayed at the top of the page in the Administration Console.
The manual connection test relies on the Test Reserved Connections and Test Table Name attributes of the data source. Those attributes are set by default. However, if you changed either attribute, the changes will affect the database connection test.
To test a JDBC data source:
- If you have not already configured testing options for the data source, see Configure testing options for a JDBC data source and configure options forTest Reserved Connections and Test Table Name.
- In the Domain Structure tree, expand Services, then select Data Sources.
- On the Summary of Data Sources page, click the data source name.
- Select the Monitoring: Testing tab.
- On the Testing page, select the instance of the data source that you want to test.
Date source instances are listed by the server on which they are deployed.
- Click the Test Table Name button. Test results are displayed at the top of the page.