Address: No.2 South Taibai Road, Yanta Zone, Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province, PRC
I'm a fourth-year PhD student from Xidian University, under the supervision of Prof. Junzhao Du. My research interests include intelligent awareness on mobile and embedded devices by using machine learning, optimization, reinforcement learning and deep learning techniques. Currently, I’m focusing on the on-demand deep model compression for different requirements of recognition tasks and diverse resource limitations of mobile devices.
- Sep. 2017 - Sep. 2018, Joint-supervised PhD student, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rice University, visiting PhD student, hosted by Prof. Lin Zhong
- Jan. 2016 - now, school of computer science and technology, Xidian University, PhD student (rank first in the major), hosted by Prof. Junzhao Du
- Sep.2013-Dec. 2015, school of computer science and technology, Xidian University, Master Degree (rank first in the major), hosted by Prof. Junzhao Du
- Sep. 2009- Jul. 2013, School of Software engineering, Xidian University, Bachelor Degree (top 15% in the major)
Activities and Awards
- Won the ACM Ubicomp Conference (CCF A conference) "Distinguished Paper Award" in 2018, Oct. (6/177)
- Given a talk "Embedded and Mobile Deep Learning Design" in Google brain & Tensorflow Lite team, Alibaba, Silicon Valley, US, 2018 Aug.
- Won Networking Networking Women (N2 Women) Fellowship, 2018 (1)
- Achieved Graduate Student Innovation Fund from Xidian University, 2018
- Won State Scholarship Fund from China Scholarship Council (CSC), 2017
- Assistant the organization of the ACM TURC 2017 conference and won the “Student Volunteer Award"
- China national scholarship in 2017, 2015, 2014 (1%)
- Mobisys 2016 student travel grant, have a Poster Display in this conference and assist the organization of Asian Students Symposium on Emerging Technologies, 2016
- Huawei student scholarship with the title of "technical master", 2015
- Won the "silver" award in Tencent QRobot development and application contest with the "Magic Tone" project, 2014
Sicong Liu, Yingyan Lin, Zimu Zhou, Kaiming Nan, Hui Liu, Junzhao Du, On-demand deep model compression for mobile devices a usage-driven model selection framework, Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Conference on MobiSys 2018.
Sicong Liu, Zimu Zhou, Junzhao Du, LongFei Shangguan, Jun Han, UbiEar: bringing location-independent sound awareness to the hearing impaired with smartphones, IMWUT Journal, Ubicomp 2017 (Distinguished Paper Award).
Sicong Liu, Hui Liu, Junzhao Du, Hui Liu, Rui Li, Xue Yang, Keiwei Sha. Energy-efficient algorithm to construct the information potential field in WSNs, IEEE Sensor Journal 2017. Impact Factor: 2.51, SCI 3
Kaiming Nan, Sicong Liu, Junzhao Du, Hui Liu, A Survey: Deep Model Compression for Mobile Platforms, Tsinghua Science and Technology Journal 2015. Impact Factor：1.365，SCI 4
Junzhao Du, Sicong Liu, Yuheng Wei, Hui Liu, Xin Wang, Kaiming Nan, Understanding Sensor Data Using Deep Learning Methods on Resource-Constrained Edge Devices, Springer Verlag, EI
Sicong Liu, Junzhao Du. Poster: MobiEar-building an environment-independent acoustic sensing platform for the deaf using deep learning, Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Conference on MobiSys 2016. ACM, 2016: 50-50.
Sicong Liu, Junzhao Du, Xue Yang, Rui Li, Hui Liu, Kewei Sha, CrowdBlueNet: maximizing crowd data collection using multi-hop Bluetooth networks, WASA 2016.
Xue Yang, Junzhao Du, Sicong Liu, Rui Li, Hui Liu. Air pollution source estimation profiling via mobile sensor networks, CITS 2016
Hui Liu, Rui Li, Sicong Liu, Shibian Tian, Juzhao Du. SmartCare: energy-efficient long-term physical activity tracking using smartphones. Tsinghua Science and Technology journal, TST Journal 2015.
Junzhao Du, Sicong Liu, Chi Xu, Kai Wang, Hui Liu, Kewei Sha. Lightweight construction of the information potential field in wireless sensor networks. Computer Communication and Networks, ICCCN 2014.
- Deep learning based mobile applications
- Application uniquely-tied deep learning optimization
- Automatic and adaptive deep model compression for mobile and embedded devices