5+ years’ experience in an embedded senior software engineering/development role, a Computer Science Honours degree or postgraduate study (applicants with a degree in a related discipline who have demonstrated a strong grounding in Computer Science and significant experience in Software Engineering will also be considered).
- Demonstrated strong object-oriented design and coding skills in C or C++
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures, OS fundamentals, programming languages, systems architecture, embedded software.
- Advanced coding skills (e.g. concurrency, profiling and multi-tasking)
- Familiar with design and architecture best practices(e.g. design patterns)
- Skilled in one of mainstream smartphone OS platforms, such as Windows Phone,S30/S40/ Symbian, or Android
- Experiences in Smartphone hardware/system bring up, or smartphone driver development experience. Any smartphone hardware background would be considered a plus
- Experiences in any of following technologies: modem/cellular, energy/power management, memory & loader, boot-up & security, connectivity (Bluetooth, WLAN, NFC, USB), multimedia (audio, video, camera, display/touch). Having experiences in multiple disciplines of above technologies would be strongly considered a plus
- Best-practice software engineering including AGILE methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes
- A proven track record of mentoring more junior engineers
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- The candidate will be highly pragmatic - a do-er as well as a thinker; we use technology to solve real-world problems.
- Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software