How to install a Windows software in Ubuntu will show you how to run a Windows Program (.exe and .msi) files in Ubuntu Operating System. To install and run a Windows program we need a third party application named as “Wine Windows Program Loader” . Using This application we will able to install Windows software files (*.exe or *.msi) on the Ubuntu.
Also Check: Shortcut key on Windows 8 free download in PDF
How to Install and Run Windows Program in Ubuntu
- Download and Install “Wine Windows Program Loader” application for Ubuntu from “Ubuntu Software center“.
- Now you will able to get the “Wine Windows Program Loader” on the application list of Ubuntu.
- Now right click on the Windows Installation File (*.exe and *.msi) and choose open With “Wine Windows Program Loader“.
- It will able to open that exe file similar to the Windows Operating System.
- Complete the Installation process.
- After the Completion of installation you will able to get a shortcut for that program on the Ubuntu desktop. If not then search for the application in the “Ubuntu Dash Home” and open it.
- Now you able to open and use that Windows application in Ubuntu. Note: Windows creates the Environment of the Windows XP or previous to that. May be the latest version software not supported by XP will not work.
Read more: http://linux.mercenie.com/ubuntu/install-windows-application-ubuntu/#ixzz4LXTMV0No Follow us: @mercenie on Twitter | mercenie on Facebook