I am trying to backup SharePoint 2013 Farm Automatically with PowerShell and Windows Task Schedule.Unfortunately,I got a lot of errors such as Backup Database is terminating abnormally.For more details on these errors as shown in picture below.
I've tried doing it via Central Administration.However,it give me same errors.Just shown in picture below.
After troubleshooting, I hit this issue finally.Because My SharePoint and Sql Server are two different servers and the backup location needs to be a network share that both servers can access.So The solution for this is to make share.
- Make a folder,right click on it
- choose Properties
- In the tab Sharing click on Advanced Sharing
- Check the box Share this folder
- There you can see Share Name and under Comments box there is a button called Permissons.
- Click on Permissons Button and give to "EveryBody" Full Control Permissions.
- Copy the Share Name and put it in the field Where SharePoint asks for backup location.
- Keep Watching the Example. It Says Example :\\backup\SharePoint,this points to the fact,that the Backup Location should be a Share.